International School Award
The Award is an internationally recognised accreditation, awarded to schools which forge links with partners overseas and add an international dimension to the curriculum. Through working on joint projects and adding international elements to lessons, pupils (and teachers) are given a fresh perspective on the world and their place in it.
Taking part in the Award:
- links schools with others around the world
- teaches pupils about other countries and cultures
- prepares pupils for living and working in the global economy
- enhances teaching standards through sharing best practice and teaching methods
- leads to a new outwardly facing perspective and ethos for the school as a whole
By bringing international learning into our classrooms, we have learnt valuable lessons about sustainability, mutual respect, and citizenship. As a school community we have also developed new approaches, methodologies, and skills to improve the learning experience in our classrooms for all.
- 2012 – Gained the International Schools Award Foundation
- 2012 – Gained the International Schools Award Intermediate
- 2013/14 – Gained the Full International Schools Award 2014-2017
- 2017/2018 – Successful re-accreditation of the full International Schools Award 2017-2020
- Gained 500 e-credits to run a Global Teachers Award course for staff
- Successfully applied for a Global Learning Programme grant for a project on local poverty, linking with a local homeless shelter by giving them produce grown on our allotment.