International School Award
The Award is an internationally recognised accreditation, awarded to schools which forge links with partners overseas and add an international dimension to the curriculum. Through working on joint projects and adding international elements to lessons, pupils (and teachers) are given a fresh perspective on the world and their place in it.
Taking part in the Award:
- links schools with others around the world
- teaches pupils about other countries and cultures
- prepares pupils for living and working in the global economy
- enhances teaching standards through sharing best practice and teaching methods
- leads to a new outwardly facing perspective and ethos for the school as a whole
By bringing international learning into our classrooms, we have learnt valuable lessons about sustainability, mutual respect, and citizenship. As a school community we have also developed new approaches, methodologies, and skills to improve the learning experience in our classrooms for all.
- 2012 – Gained the International Schools Award Foundation
- 2012 – Gained the International Schools Award Intermediate
- 2013/14 – Gained the Full International Schools Award 2014-2017
- 2017/2018 – Successful re-accreditation of the full International Schools Award 2017-2020
- 2019 ongoing – Re-accreditation of the full International Schools Award
- Review of pupils international understanding using the Global Learning Assessment Tool resulted in earning 500 e-credits for staff cpd. We used these credits to run a staff inset day for staff to gain the Global Teachers Level 1 Award.
- Successfully applied for a Global Learning Programme grant for a project on local poverty, linking with a local homeless shelter by giving them produce grown on our allotment.
- Successfully applied for a British Council School Exchange visit grant with our partner school in Iceland. The exchange will happen in March 2020.